Atmospheric water generation
A better solution for producing water out of thin air
Atmospheric water generators already exist, with cold surfaces driving condensation and collection—but they are energy expensive to operate. Alphacom’s approach changes the game. Using low energy to charge naturally occurring water vapor in the air, the ionized attraction accelerates the accumulation of the molecules into droplets for collection. Very little energy is required and the only determinant of speed of collection is ambient humidity in the air.
- As the bottled water market is $200 billion globally, the push for a new, cost-efficient source of potable water—and the pressure to eliminate plastics—will open a massive market for Alphacom licensees.
- There are many potential partners in the US to launch that we know and have relationships with. Some of those have water delivery devices; some are in the general kitchen appliance business. On the NGO/Government front, the market is astounding: Around 700 million people in 43 countries suffer today from water scarcity, while 3.6 billion people worldwide (nearly half the global population) are already living in potential water-scarce areas at least one month per year. This could increase to 4.8–5.7 billion in 2050.
- Very little energy is required and the only determinant of speed of collection is ambient humidity in the air.
- While the 25% average humidity in Arizona or the Middle East may only output 2-3 gallons daily, the 65% levels in South Florida or Hong Kong would output 5-6 gallons daily.
- Licensee Targets: There are many potential partners in the US. Some of those have water delivery devices; some are in the general kitchen appliance business and that second group would see this opportunity as 100% accretive to their business and would serve to expand the market as mentioned earlier with a new player entering. These players all have the ability to service the home, business and restaurant markets. The free standing, countertop water dispenser is a miniscule market today and can be developed to be competitive with other multi-hundred million-dollar categories.
- The Alphacom Atmospheric Water Generator features the technology for commercially scaled appliances that can be used in home, business or emergency applications.